Black Butler: Book of the Atlantic (dubbed)

Black Butler: Book of the Atlantic (dubbed)


Dubbing: annoying at first, but then I got snapped in and enjoyed it.

Passenger liner crashes into an iceberg: Not an original plot device, but it works here -- there's a word for putting in an element that the audience will be familiar with, but I have no idea what it is.

Zombies: Yeah, they're in here, and I'm sick of them, but they were different and amusing, especially when they were bobbing around the iceberg <I guess I should have put that as a spoiler, but wtf, I already mentioned the iceberg>, so I'm OK with the zombies.

Titanic: Played by The Campania.

Miyamoto Musashi: played by 13 year-old, green-eyed, blonde twin-tailed, blue-blooded Lizzy, to great and lethal effect.

Grim Reaper(s): Not as amusing as Disc World's Death, but still innovative and fun.

If Kurosawa had lived long enough to animate a British Steampunk Zombie Samurai movie, it may have ended up something like this. If you're not familiar with the Black Butler franchise, no worry, they pause the action after an hour or so and do a ton of exposition. Besides, if you can sit through an Albert Brooks movie, you can sit through anything, so...

Check it out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kizu Monogatari 1, 2 and 3

Solo LM

Last Jedi +/+