A Hijacking




A Hijacking "Kapringen" Danish ship gets hijacked by Somali pirates. The film has a beginning, a middle and an end, but I'm not sure I can honestly claim it has a plot.

Probably should be categorized as a "Dumb****s with guns" movie, but it doesn't have the (tension releasing) violence of a Wild Bunch. Instead there's not much action -- it's a psychological duel featuring boardroom on boardroom violence -- most of the filming done in a conference room of the Danish shipping company and in a cabin on the hijacked ship as each group tries to maximize EV. The story covers a whopping four months of negotiations.

Despite my description, the flick held my attention for the whole hour and three quarters. But I couldn't help but wonder what the same production company could have done with that Stanislaw Lem story about the Space ship that invades Earth, but leaves when it realizes it can't cope with all the paperwork.

Worth seeing. Unconventional. Check it out.

I haven't seen any completed assignments on 20 Feet from Stardom, so I leave you with this.


http://youtu.be/bxYBRb7FRgE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kizu Monogatari 1, 2 and 3

Solo LM

Last Jedi +/+