Chinatown (1974) LM LR

 Chinatown (1974)


Burt Young: She’s no good!

Jack: Down the hatch!

El Macondo Apartments: ¿Se gusta

Look pal, I make an honest living: Never lost a drop.

I don't kick them out of their homes like you jerks: Who work in the bank.

Let's have a big smile, pal!

It comes in different parts of the river: Every night a different part.

Does my talking about your father upset you?

Albacore Club: Amber Care!

We used to work together: In Chinatown.

You don’t know what you’re talking about: You dumb Okie.

Get in the car!

Well, tell you what, pal: If Ida wants to see me she can call me at my office.

Nope, your wife got excited, crossed her legs a little too quick: You understand, pal?

Listen, pal, Escobar's going to try and book me: In about five minutes.

Salt water: Very bad for glass!

The future, Mr. Gitts! The Future!: Now where’s the girl?

Forget it, Jake. It’s Chinatown!

I forgot that the young Jack Nicholson even existed. My theory is that the movie still holds up, but can’t possibly have a modern audience when reality is more iconoclastic than anything Chinatown hoped to achieve. I really liked the film score on this, but haven’t been able to analyze why. Check it out!

Spoiler:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kizu Monogatari 1, 2 and 3

Solo LM

Last Jedi +/+