Burning LM+ LR

Burning


Phone rings in the middle of the night: Nobody there.

I want to vanish: Like I never existed.

I have a bad feeling: His bathroom looks the same as a hotel’s.

Why does everybody smoke as though: They were German Colonels in WWII movies?

Dancing from The Bush to The Disco: Gangnam Style!

Naked chick dancing to the newly waxing moon: I hate it when they shave under their arms.

William Faulkner: The ghost in the room.

William Faulkner: Take barn burning, stand it on its head, then turn it inside out.

Stone in her heart/lost in a well: Where have we heard this before?

Spoiler:

     Are you sure? Don't click if you haven't seen it...

          Spoiler:

               Knife Fu; Zippo Fu: Barn-Burning Fu.

Great flick, maybe the best this year. Stunningly and evocatively photographed. I don’t see many, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen a bad Korean movie. Based on a Murakami story -- it doesn’t have a talking giant frog, but it still works. Hope it finds an audience. Sometimes excruciating: Check it out. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kizu Monogatari 1, 2 and 3

Solo LM

Last Jedi +/+